If you want your user can select a number from a defined range of numbers by dragging the handle in the WordPress range slider box. You should read this post.
Table of contents:
What is a ranger slider?
In Elementor Pro, the Range Field is a form field widget that allows users to select a value from a predefined range. It is commonly used in forms where users need to input a numerical value within a specific range, such as age, price, or quantity.
It provides an intuitive and interactive way for users to input numerical data. Instead of manually typing in a value, users can simply slide a handle along a track to select their desired value.
Why you should add a range slider to your forms?
Incorporating range sliders into your forms can have many benefits:
- Enhanced User Experience: Range sliders offer a more engaging and interactive user experience compared to traditional input fields. Users can visually see their selected value and easily adjust it by dragging the slider handle. This intuitive interface can improve user satisfaction and reduce form abandonment rates.
- Increased Precision: Range sliders allow users to select values with greater precision. This can be particularly useful when collecting data that requires specific numerical inputs.
- Visual Feedback: As users interact with the range slider, they receive immediate visual feedback. The selected value is displayed in real-time, providing users with a clear understanding of their input. This visual feedback helps users make informed decisions and ensures accuracy in data collection.
Range Slider Settings
Skins and looks
These are some skins we offer for your range sliders.
How to add range slider fields?
To add range slider fields to your Elementor forms, you can follow these steps
1. Edit Your Form: Begin by opening the page or post where you want to add the form in Elementor. Edit the page using Elementor’s visual editor.
2. Add the Form Widget: In Elementor’s widget panel, search for the “Form” widget. Drag and drop the Form widget onto the desired section of your page.
3. Add a Form Field: To add the range slider field, click on the “+” icon within the Form widget to add a new form field.
4. Select Range Slider Type: In the form field selection window, use the search bar to find the “Range Slider” type. Click on it to add the range slider field to your form.
5. Customize Range Slider Settings: After adding the range slider field, you can customize its settings. You can adjust the range values, step size, labels, and other appearance options depending on your requirements.
How to set type to double/ single?
The terms “single” and “double” refer to the number of handles or controls available on the slider. Here’s an explanation of the difference between single and double-range sliders:
- Single Range Slider: has one handle that users can drag along the track to select a value within a predefined range. Users can position the handle anywhere within the range to indicate their desired value. Single range sliders are commonly used when you need users to select a single value within a range, such as selecting a specific price point or choosing a value on a scale.
- Double Range Slider: also known as a dual-handle range slider, features two handles that users can independently manipulate to define a range between two values. Users can customize the selected range by adjusting the positions of both handles. Double range sliders are useful when you want users to select a range of values, such as selecting a date range, specifying a budget range, or setting a range of quantities
To set, you just want to choose type Single or Double in the box:
How to set min/max value, range,start point, and slider step?
- Min and Max Value: The min is the value from where the slider value will start, and the max is the value where the slider value ends. If you choose 200 as min and 1000 as max, the user can select a value in between this range.
Look for the Min/Max boxes and enter the minimum and maximum values for the range in the box.
- Set Slider Step: The slider step determines the increment or decrement when users slide the range slider handle. To set the step size, look for the “Step” option within the Field Options. Enter the desired numerical value for the step size. For example, if you set the step size to 5, the slider will move in increments of 5 as users interact with it.
How to set custom values?
You can customize the values on the range slider like below.
We create custom day values by typing in the check box below as format: Mon|Tue|Wed|Thu|Fri|Sat|Sun
How to set prefix, postfix?
Fill the icon, text…into the blank spot.
Table settings options
|string||Choose UI skin to use (flat, big, modern, round, sharp, square)|
|string||Choose slider type, could be |
|number||Set slider minimum value|
|number||Set slider maximum value|
|number||Set start position for left handle (or for single handle)|
|number||Set start position for right handle|
|number||Set sliders step. Always > 0. Could be fractional|
|number||Set minimum diapason between sliders. Only for double type|
|number||Set minimum maximum between sliders. Only for double type|
|boolean||Allow user to drag whole range. Only for double type|
|array||Set up your own array of possible slider values. They could be numbers or strings. If the values array is set up, min, max and step param, can no longer be changed|
|boolean||Fix position of left (or single) handle|
|number||Set minimum limit for left (or single) handle|
|number||Set maximum limit for left (or single) handle|
|boolean||Highlight the limits for left handle|
|boolean||Fix position of right handle|
|number||Set minimum limit for right handle|
|number||Set maximum limit for right handle|
|boolean||Highlight the right handle|
|boolean||Improve readability of long numbers: 10000000 → 10 000 000|
|string||Set up your own separator for long numbers: 10000000 → 10,000,000 etc.|
|function||Set up your own prettify function. Can be anything. For example, you can set up unix time as slider values and than transform them to cool looking dates|
|boolean||Sliders handles and tooltips will be always inside it’s container|
|boolean||Activates keyboard controls. Move left: ←, ↓, A, S. Move right: →, ↑, W, D.|
|boolean||Enables grid of values above the slider|
|boolean||Set left and right grid gaps|
|number||Number of grid units|
|boolean||Snap grid to sliders step (step param). If activated, grid_num will not be used. Max steps = 50|
|boolean||Hides min and max labels|
|boolean||Hides from and to labels|
|“||string||Set prefix for values. Will be set up right before the number: **$**100|
|“||string||Set postfix for values. Will be set up right after the number: 100k|
|“||string||Special postfix, used only for maximum value. Will be showed after handle will reach maximum right position. For example 0 — 100+|
|boolean||Used for double type and only if prefix or postfix was set up. Determine how to decorate close values. For example: $10k — $100k or $10 — 100k|
|string||Set your own separator for close values. Used for double type. Default: 10 — 100. Or you may set: 10 to 100, 10 + 100, 10 → 100 etc.|
|string||Separator for double values in input value property. |
|boolean||Locks slider and makes it inactive. Input is disabled too. Invisible to forms|
We highly encourage you to consider acquiring this exceptional plugin Elementor Range Slider to enhance your website. With its powerful features and seamless integration with Elementor, this plugin offers numerous benefits that can significantly boost your online presence and drive conversions.
You can view this video: How To Add Range Slider Field On Your Elementor Forms?
That’s it! We hope this article helped you learn how to use Range Slider with Elementor Forms.