OTP verification helps ensure that the email address provided in the form is valid and belongs to the user submitting the form.
It helps prevent spam submissions, ensures that users provide accurate contact information, and reduces the chances of receiving submissions from fake or malicious users.
Installation and settings plugin
- Require contact form 7
- Create a Contact Form 7 Email Verification – OTP Verification and settings
- Translate text and settings
- Download: https://wordpress.org/plugins/contact-form-7/
Installation – top
- Upload the add-to-any directory to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
Create a Contact Form 7 Email Verification – OTP Verification Action – top
New (edit) contact form -> add 1 email and 1 text field
- Tag email adds verify: check E.g:[Email your-email verify:check]
- Tag text opt to add otp: check E.g:
[text opt otp:check]
<label> Your name [text* your-name autocomplete:name] </label> <label> Your email [email* your-email verify:check] </label> <label> Your OTP [text opt_name otp:check] </label> [submit "Submit"]
Here is the preview:
Menu -> contact -> Email Verify
That’s it! We hope this article helped you find out how to use Email Verification – OTP with your contact form 7.